Thursday, June 23, 2011

Drum roll please.....why old fashioned names?!?

It's a GIRL!!!!

Yesterday we recieved word that our little baby is a baby girl.

Elizabeth Leona Lunk is due on December 3 of this year.

Ron and I are both very excited! Yesterday was definately a long day since my doctors appointment was at 9:30am but we didn't "open the envelope" containing the gender until 6pm when we both got home and could do it together. We celebrated by having dinner out and going shopping at Babies R' Us.

For me specifically I find the idea of a little girl amazing. I come from a very long line of strong women. From Granny (Dahlia) Ricks to Grandma (Beedie), to Mama (Betty), to mom (Debbie), to me (Lauren) and now one more generation of women will join our family. It amazes me that I will have the chance to experience the 4 generations again (without being the youngest this time).

We chose names that are very important to Ron and I. Elizabeth was Ron's mom's name. Since she can't be with us phyisically I hope that she would be happy that we've chosen to honor her by naming her grandaughter after her. I've always loved the name and I love the idea of honoring my mother-in-law that I didn't have long enough to get to know. But I do know that she raised two fabulous children (my husband and sis-in-law) and that Ron wouldn't be the man he is and that I love without her.

 Leona was my wonderful Great Great aunt's name. My aunt "oney" Leona was a stable force in my life for a large portion of it, living next door to me my whole life. When mom returned to school I stayed with her, when I needed to get away from mom, I visited her. She was my best friend as a child and I hope that carrying her name on in another generation shows how much she has meant to my life.

3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful name - congrats! We gave Bailey Aunt Judy's middle name. I just wanted a little piece of her to still live, so I totally understand your name choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can. Not. Wait. PS: Can I call her "little oney"?! J/k, but, no, really, can I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete