Monday, June 20, 2011

The Gender Question?!?!!?

I am a sociologist and a feminist. So why is it that I so badly want to know what gender the kidlet is? Or more correctly, from the sociologist perspective what the biological sex of this child is.

We have an appointment this week and there is a possibility (if they do an ultrasound) that we could find out the gender this week. I think there is something about not being able to call this little person by a name that bothers me. I am ready to connect a name to the being that has made me sick, likes to run from the dopler, etc. There is no doubt that this baby is a blessing to us regardless of what sex this child is. Less than 6 months ago I wasn't sure that we would even be able to get pregnant. But into week 17 I am enjoying the idea of having a baby and can't wait to make additional steps in preparing our home and hearts for our child.

No comments:

Post a Comment